C&C Sandwich Factory

Friday, July 15, 2005

Not so "Low Key"

NighTrain, Mini-Me (his brother) and Haley (his brother's fiance) headed up to Greensboro last night for a Non-Hash "low key" weekend...Well let me tell you it started with a bang...

Nexsmell, Silence & Myself had a nice quiet evening planned for the six of us...We went to dinner at Asugatu (spelling???) a Japanese Steak House...Had a great meal, lots of booze, lots of fun...Left there went across the street to the country bar Arizona Petes? Coyote Petes? Something like that...They have a mechanical bull in the place it rocks! (Reminded me of the Texas Two Step in Greenville)...WELLLLLL the night took a bad turn when we noticed the sign 25cent draft!!! Are you freaking kidding me, it cost $1.50 for a round!! I was in heaven...When we first got there, the place was only about 15 people deep, all of them line dancing...Every song had it's own line dance, it was ridiculous...I kept telling them that I knew only ONE line dance (the Boot Scootin' Boogie) and promised if they played the song I would do the dance...They finally did play it but the AssHats dancing were NOT doing the boot scootin' boogie, so I lashed out (this of course was after SEVERAL ROUNDS)...The kegs went dry so we had to order the other special $1.50 Yuenglings (which was a deal in itself)...We finally ended up leaving around 1:15 we were shocked when we walked out the door, there was a LINE around the building of people still trying to get into this place!! And it was packed, NT reminded me that I asked them not to leave me several times...I was scared I didn't want to be accosted by a redneck in a cowboy hat!...Unfortunately none of us rode the Bull, but there is always next time...

9 Comments:

  • At 7/15/2005 5:01 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    we had penny draft with a $4 cover when i first got to auburn on thursday nights till 9 with all you could eat wings.

    from what i remember i had frun

     
  • At 7/15/2005 11:04 PM, Blogger Diddy said…

    We had penny draft in Greenville as well...At the Elbow...And from what I remember there wasn't even a cover!! Of course this place let everyone in as "over 21" LOVED THAT PLACE!!

     
  • At 7/15/2005 11:05 PM, Blogger Darcey said…

    We had "Drinkin with Lincoln" for $5 at Jersey's (one of my clients) on Tuesday nights. And I <3 the penny wells at AU... except when we let Krusty drink them and we end up fighting like trailer trash in front of his... trailer. And its not like we were dating or anything.

     
  • At 7/15/2005 11:31 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    best was $1 long island iced t's at Finks.

     
  • At 7/16/2005 1:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    And I thought nickle nights at Broadstrret was a sweet deal. You had to pay 10 dollars to get in though.
    I would get so shit faced on vodka and cranberries, that it still churns my stomach to think about it.
    *sinny shudders*

     
  • At 7/18/2005 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you had fun Diddy; sorry I missed your drunk dial :(

    I was off on my annual fantasy version of T.I.T.S. at the camp next door. Nuthin' like tubin', drinkin' and whatnot with 200+ gals. Yeah, so what, they were all lesbians except one. But, like in the Hash, I don't go there to get laid (it gets in the way of having fun)

    I hope you did drunk dial The Muse. She needs to get her number out so she doesn't feel left out. Careful what you wish for gal.

    I hope you got on the schedule this week, good luck with that.

    See you all soon, miss ya

     
  • At 7/19/2005 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alas in El Paso I know I went to a bar when they had coin drinks. Basically you drank for whatever coin you had. But only coins. So if you had a penny you got a drink for a penny, a nickle you could get the same drink for that cost, kind of weird but cool (no cover). Although I still say my best was one of those multiple room bars where every room is different style of music. They had 10 cent long necks, you paid $1 for the first one and if you brought the bottles back you got them for 10 cents and and $5 cover charge. But the best part was that you were served the beers which were in those small water troughs by bikini clad women or a bikini top and short-shorts Daisy Duke Style. Ahh the memories.

     
  • At 7/19/2005 5:05 PM, Blogger Mr. Bad Mood said…

    i ate at that steakhouse with silence once. can't wait to get home to drink with you all.

     
  • At 7/20/2005 7:54 AM, Blogger Matt said…

    in reference to above comments:

    i need another degree like i need a hole in my head.

    new comment:

    bout time for an update isn't it ladies? where's your account of the wedding weekend. I forgot to mention I get to add Wedding music player to my resume.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home