C&C Sandwich Factory

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

14 Hours and $80 worth of gas later....

Well I am officially moved out of G-Vegas #2 (Garner) and into G-Vegas #3 (Greensboro)...My sister helped me out yesterday moving the last of my stuff...Items that required a truck to move...We borrowed my dad's truck, AN OLD BEATER I wasn't sure if it would make the treck from Clinton to Greensboro and back, but ole' "Bessie" did us proud and brought us home safe and sound...

The truck has no AC so picking a day that was 95 degrees probably wasn't the best idea (at least it wasn't raining)...We left at 8:30am and I actually made the comment to my sister to roll the window up because I was a bit chilly! We returned at 10:30pm last night, a whopping 14 hour day...I thought we were never going to get home...And it did end up costing us $80 worth of gas for the trip (of course we returned my dad's truck with more gas than we left with, but oh well)...

My sister pretty much complained the entire time...It's to hot, It's to far, It's to heavy...So I had to remind her of all the things I had done for her, and NOT WANTED TO...I helped her move, MORE stuff and HEAVIER than my mattress (that's all I have that requires a truck to move at this time), I helped her paint (I HATE PAINTING), and countless other things that I have done for her...She also "requested" that I buy her a GOOD lunch, I was so tempted to take her to the corner gas station and buy her hot dogs, but I took her to Applebee's instead...

I say this everytime, but NEXT time I move, I am hiring someone to come get my stuff and move it for me!

5 Comments:

  • At 7/20/2005 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am a little surprised that truck made the trip, it is pretty much a farm truck

     
  • At 7/20/2005 8:44 AM, Blogger Diddy said…

    Yeah we were surprised as well...We joked coming home, we said the breaks were going to give out at our last stop sign, which would've landed us in the field, the transmission was going to fall out in turn breaking the front axil...Going into the field meant we were also going to hit Russell (the cow) killing him, then side swipe my sister's house...THEN hitting my parent's front porch knocking out one of the collums which would've made the roof collapse..Would've been a "perfect" ending... LOL

     
  • At 7/20/2005 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Out of all the times I have moved the one when I drove from Texas to Virginia was the easiest. Everything I owned fit into my truck. This next move will be the second easiest since I am getting rid of over half the things I own.

     
  • At 7/20/2005 9:12 AM, Blogger Matt said…

    you still owe me some boobies for helping you.

    worst move for me was alabama to NC. dad came and took a load, i took a load later by myself, and then went back with an old roommate to get the rest out of storage. grand total 3000 miles and 50 hours of driving to get me moved. i don't even want to think of the money on gas

    from nc to alabama wasn't to good either. blew a radiator hose and a trailor tire within a mile of each other on labor day weekend.

     
  • At 7/20/2005 9:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Diddy-
    Moving is one of those times, I've learn how much random sh*t you've acquired during the time lived there- and you wonder- When did I buy it? or Why do I own this? Do I really need this?I did that for 3 consecutive years-moved from place to place annually. That's why when I bought my place 3 yrs ago, I said I'm not moving for at least 5 yrs because I hate moving and hate having to sort through the random stuff-Glad to hear you finally finished moving though, hope the job is going well and that you're getting better hours now-

     

Post a Comment

<< Home