C&C Sandwich Factory

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Could I have a broken rib?

You know it's been a great weekend when you wake up with unexplained markings on you. NO not the sharpie kind, but the hurting kind. I have bruises & scratches and a sore rib (BROKEN?). I think it's sore from all the coughing (I'm sick as a dog) and laughing I did over the weekend.

"Did I Do That?" Friday started with the Carolina Larrikins NERD Pub Crawl. What an awesome turnout. Baby Ruth did a great job orchestrating this event. People showed up from near & far dressed in their nerdiest attire. Some people I think just came from work, no need to change clothes at all. We ended up at Ruckus pizza with much dancing & debauchery. I think that is the first time I've been in a bar where the owner actually ASKED us to get up and dance on the bar. Normally we are threatened that if we don't get down we are going to get kicked out.

AAARRRRGGGG! Saturday we converged in Garner for the Sir Walters Pirate's Booty hash. Hared by Single Wide & me! We were a little shocked, our plan had worked to have more visitors than SW hashers. Although we were expecting a larger turnout, everyone who did show up had a great time! The Capt'n'coke stop was a hit (I think every time I hare I will do this from now on). We made new friends at the local watering hole, Judd's. After trail we came back to the criz'nib for beer pong and more debauchery. I don't remember whose idea it was to leave the house at 10 and head to the bar (probably not the BEST idea) but everyone was game and we headed out. I think we lost someone at the bar Ketchup Anus? Hopefully he made it home safe & sound.

Sunday morning we woke up (very hungover) and headed for lunch. I was all about coming back home and napping the rest of the day. That was shot when I got a call from Cornholio he was heading to the Trash in Fayetteville. "Reluctantly" I told him if he picked me up I would have no choice but to ride with him. So On-On to Fayetteville we headed. I left my tennis shoes at home on purpose, I had no intention of running trail. Riding the beer truck was fun, except for the sharp turns (maybe that's how my rib got damaged?). There were only 3 of us auto hashing to start with, but after each beer stop we gained more & more passengers. It was a great trail, people got lost, someone got named, someone got bibbed.

Thanks to all the visitors who made it this weekend, we wouldn't have had half the fun had it not been for you guys...Anal, Dock, Ear Shot, PT, Bourbon, Dunkin, Gay If You're Buying, Hedge...

Now I just need some R&R to prepare for this weekend's Cheap Mexican Hash. It is sure to be a great time! Just hope I don't come home with any broken bones!

5 Comments:

  • At 5/03/2005 2:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Come to the Ugly Stick saloon in Fayetteville. They encourage you to dance on the bar. It is a must do for the drunkards down here!
    I am a HUGE cap'n and coke gal, and on halloween I had airplane bottles stashed in my bra--(classy, eh?) I was on the bar dancing and one came flying out of my bra, across the bar and right to a bouncer. I turned an blamed my friend. Well, she really was my DUFF, so it did not really matter. As long as I could keep pounding them back, all is well!

     
  • At 5/03/2005 4:31 PM, Blogger Diddy said…

    I haven't been hitting the advil, but I did have a few servings of Tylenol Cold/Flu, Sudafed, and some prescription stuff my mom gave me to knock me out last night...Now if only this crap will clear up in time for CMH

    My sister recommended the Ugly Stick...Perhaps they can pick that joint for a Thirsty Thursday one week...I may have some Capt-n-coke stashed away in my tent, it has become my new favorite drink ;)

     
  • At 5/03/2005 5:03 PM, Blogger Diddy said…

    I am not a big dark liquor fan. When I was in high school (yes HIGH SCHOOL) i drank a fifth of bacardi (light/white whatever) every Saturday night. Then college introduced me to penny draft, and I've been a beer fan ever since. But I'm starting to switch and drink more liquor based drinks. Which isn't a good thing considering they are more expensive, which is why I switched in the first place.

     
  • At 5/04/2005 12:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Bringing the Cap'n then! Lets be kind to our bodies and drink it with Diet Coke!

    Yes, a TT should be at the Ugly Stick, I am all about that. The bouncers see me coming, and go the other way!

     
  • At 5/05/2005 1:08 PM, Blogger Darcey said…

    Capn, Coke and a squeeze of lime is my poison of choice. I am a happy drunk camper that way. It's a shame I'm not going to be a happy drunk CMH camper this weekend. *sniff, sniff*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home